Friday, December 24, 2010

It is the night before Christmas and little ones are taking their afternoon nap, the excitement of Christmas has been building for days. I don't think I have ever seen sweet Ella talk as fast as she did yesterday and their excitement is almost overwhelming.  This morning presents were wrapped for mom and dad and finally put beneath the tree and children are even more excited.

Tiny snowflakes fall covering the house tops and cars and the kind weather man states the snow may fall all day and Jacksonville, Illinois will have a white Christmas.  How grateful I am for this time of year.  I am grateful for the many blessings my Father in Heaven provides for me, especially with the ability physically and with the means to have this time with Mindy and her family.  What a joy it has been to be here and celebrate this time of year. We have made cookies and other treats for friends, I have spent the day at school with Ella, and we have been shopping and spending lots of time together.  Ezra at two years old has realized I am a good ally to have in his corner and Grandma is a nice lady to play with.  I also was privileged to see the ultrasound of my newest grandson who will be born mid April.  It was fascinating to see his little arms and legs, along with his spine, heart and other organs.   The doctor said all looked well.  These are always times mixed with such joy and sorrow for me.  These sweet children have a grandfather who would have loved sharing their earthly life with them and I LOVE seeing pits and pieces of him in these wonderful grandchildren.

This home I am visiting isn't perfect, but the spirit of love and caring abide and I do so enjoy sharing the spirit of love here.  I love how often these small children are told how special they are and how much they are loved.  My four year old granddaughter has such confidence in herself and how special she is it amazes me and provides her with the knowledge of how dearly she is loved by those around her.  I feel so at home here and love to visit.  I love this small town and the friendliness of the people I have met.  It is a good place to visit.

Merry Christmas to all and I will write later.

No comments: